June 2016 Member of the Month: Taryn Raterink
Published June 3, 2016
1. How did you find CrossFit? We had a bunch of friends who were crossfitting who dragged us to a workout. I joined a few months later to get ready for my wedding.
2. What is your favorite CrossFit exercise or WOD? I love Cindy and anything with overhead squats!
3. How long have you been CrossFitting? I joined on Halloween 2009, so 6 ½ years!
4. What do you do for a living? I am a social worker….for now.
5. What are you goals? My fitness goals are to be happy and healthy. Continuing to control my migraines through healthy eating and crossfit.
6. Any advice for future CrossFitters? Just keep moving and remember anything can be scaled (I still often scale the WODS).
7. Favorite WOD Music To workout to? I like it loud and angry. At home or in the car I like country.
8. Best vacation you've ever been on? Our honeymoon in St. Lucia was amazing and one day we will go back!
9. Who inspires you? My husband and my son. My husband is the most selfless person ever and dedicated his career to helping others. And Brycen, well Brycen is amazing and inspires to me to slow down and put the little things aside and enjoy every moment.
10. What is one thing you miss about being a kid? Not having any adult responsibilies!
11. Favorite quote? Dr. Seuss has so many fun quotes. Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
12. WHAT KEEPS YOU MOTIVATED? This picture taken right after my first whole 30 and right before getting pregnant with Brycen!
13. What is your greatest fear? I have a lot of crazy fears since becoming a mama…Brycen getting hurt terrifies me.
14. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Brycen.
15. Any pet peeves? I'm sure Robert could give you a whole list….I like things clean and put away, but I am TRYING to embrace the toddler tornado and not freak out so much when he brings dog hair into the bed….
16. What is your motto (words you live by or that mean a lot to you)? I believe you cannot say I love you enough.
17. WHAT KEEPS YOU COMING BACK? How I feel. I notice a difference in my headaches and how my body feels when I don't crossfit (and eat clean). Plus dawn patrol always helps start my day!